Address: 17 Graham Street, Hockley, Birmingham, West Midlands B31 3JR
Birmingham Mind is affiliated to National Mind. We offer high quality recovery based services to adults and older adults in the Midlands. All of our services are individualised, person-centred and deliver valued outcomes. We passionately believe that everyone has the right to live lives that are meaningful and which enable them to reach their full potential as individuals.
Promoting and providing high quality support for those experiencing mental distress.
Birmingham Mind aims to provide high quality services for those experiencing mental distress. We will challenge stigmatisation, oppression and discrimination by raising awareness of positive well-being and recovery for all, resulting in a healthier society.
What we do
Our services include:
Accommodation with support (we provide two types)
- Our Supported Housing is accommodation that is managed by Birmingham Mind and owned by one of four partner Housing Associations
- Our Residential Care homes offers support to individuals that have been assessed by a Social Worker and identified as requiring a more supportive environment
Support in your own home
- Floating support which can provide support in your own home and is funded by Supporting People
- Care service that provides much more intensive support to people and is funded by Adults and Communities
- Older Adult Mental Health Outreach service which provides up to 6 hours of support to older adults living in their own homes
Support in the Community
- Community centre based
- Drop-in services
- Employment support
- Self-help groups
- Specialised advocacy - with an advocate giving support which allows encourages the individual to know their rights and know the choices available
- Women’s services
- Young Person services
- Older Adult support
- Older Adults Outreach team for people with dementia and/or other mental health issues which aims to keep people as independent as possible
- We also run the Erdington Drop in service for older people with mental health issues and their carers