Coventry AIMHS (Actively Influencing Mental Health Services)
Address: Room 12, Koco Building, Arches Industrial Estate, Spon End, Coventry, West Midlands CV1 3JQ
Our aim is to improve mental health services by helping service users to be involved the way services are planned, monitiored and delivered.
We believe that:
- People who access mental health services are in the best position to comment on service provision because of their experience.
- Providers need to listen to people who have experience of their services if they wish to make things better.
People who experience mental ill health:
- Should be fully involved in planning and delivery of services.
- Have the right to have some control over the services that they receive.
- Will adopt more effective coping strategies and recover quicker when they are involved in and have some control over the services and care they receive.
What do we do? We work with service providers to make sure that they:
- Understand the experiences of those who access their services.
- Value involvement at every level of decision making
- Support and develop their skills, confidence and self worth.
- Help them to address their needs by using effective communication.