Association of Mental Health Providers is a member of the National Prevention Alliance for Mental Health, a group of over thirty organisations focused on working collaboratively to make a difference to the mental health and well-being of people across England.
To better prevent the development or worsening on mental health problems, the social determinants of mental health such as employment, housing, relationships and access to appropriate care and support need to be considered. The Alliance works to:
- develop a national mental health and wellbeing literacy programme
- collate and use data and evidence to effectively improve preventative services
- encourage adoption of community based approaches to build strong local social networks
- build the capacity, skills and confidence amongst workforce
- support the implementation of the National Suicide Prevention Strategy