Association of Mental Health Providers joined the Department of Health's Third Sector Strategic Partnership Programme in 2010, becoming the lead partner in a group of voluntary sector mental health organisations – the Mental Health Consortia. Together with 21 other voluntary partners, the Consortia links strategically with the Department of Health, NHS England and Public Health England undertaking specific agreed work programmes aimed at benefiting the strategic development of the mental health voluntary sector.
The Association has been working in partnership with organisations across the voluntary and community sector to identify opportunities for improvement in mental health service provision.
The priorities of the partnership are to:
- Influence change in health and social care to benefit those who access and rely on services
- Champion the cause for service users and carers with mental health conditions
- Interpret government policy for voluntary sector mental health organisations for local application
- Map health and social care reforms to engage the sector and ensure quality outcomes
- Increase capability and capacity in the third sector
- Establish a coherent framework for engaging with third sector organisations at a national level
- Achieve shared objectives in improving health and well-being and reducing health inequalities
- Disseminate information and policy developments
The Mental Health Consortia consists of the following organisations: