Governance and regulatory
The management and direction of an organisation encompasses a lot; and in light of the ever-changing social, political and health circumstances of 2020, we have included resources that will help you implement diversity on boards, measure your impact, manage/mitigate risk and more.
- The School for Social Entrepreneurs ran a Recover and Rebuild webinar series with highlighted topics such as matching leadership and governance to our new reality and impact measurement.
- DSC, with Penny Wilson (CEO of Getting on Board), discussed diversifying boards.
- NCVO, in partnership with Zurich, has a selection of on-demand webinars on risk, safeguarding and cyber resilience.
- NCVO's resources also set out what is expected of you in setting up a Charity, governance and safeguarding.
- Office for Civil Society has guidance on handling safeguarding allegations in a charity.
- Fundraising Regulator ran a webinar on trustee responsibilities.
- Good Governance Institute is offering a free governance advisory service.
- Shoosmiths discussed charity governance in the age of Covid-19 in this webinar.
- Social Enterprise Mark CIC has a collection of available podcasts that cover topics such as legal structures for social enterprises and more.
- Advocates for International Development have resources available on volunteers and the law, as well as the liability for volunteers.
- TrustLaw have a Social Entrepreneur Interactive Guide for you to determine the best legal structure for your organisation.