Care in Mind
Address: F13 Waterfront Studios, 1 Dock Road, London E16 1AH
Care in Mind works with local people to improve conditions by supporting them towards better physical and emotional wellbeing. We also aim to increase their confidence and self-esteem and provide opportunities for them to volunteer with us in order to help us shape our services and help them to achieve their personal goals.
We are a volunteer-led organisation that strives to be financially sustainable organisation in order to continue our much needed intervention in the local community. Care in Mind is passionate about progress and we deliver services with integrity, sensitivity and compassion.
Our aim is to help local people with mental health issues identify barriers to securing employment
What we do
The services we provide include:
- “Mind to Progress” – includes a one-to-one support service with a dedicated project worker administering the recovery star and a self-confidence/esteem self-help group
- “Space to think” – Creative writing as a therapeutic tool. There is an emotional benefit to expressing ourselves in print, writing down thoughts and feelings can help to tackle self-doubt, self-criticism and worries and to release your hidden talent
- Family mediation that aims to try and reduce conflict, creating a safe place to talk
- Focus group for relapse prevention, designed to identify unhelpful thinking and reducing them with the aim of promoting positive behaviours
- Activities that promote healthy eating/living