Address: Lyne House, 46 Allen Street, Warrington, Cheshire WA2 7JB
Since 1982, Making Space has been working with people affected by mental health conditions, and with their carers, to help them shape their lives based on their own personal aspirations and circumstances. This approach is the key to ‘personalisation’ in health and social care – something that all Making Space services strive to deliver with dignity, compassion and humanity.
Making Space provide a range of services for clients with mental health needs, learning disability, carer support as well as specialist dementia services. We also have a core membership which helps keep the organisation informed of local initiatives and offers a collective voice on the key issues in mental health, learning disabilities, dementia and the lives of carers.
What we do
Our services include:
- Innovative therapies and treatments to support wellbeing and mental health recovery
- Employment, training and education services designed to build skills and confidence.
- Computerised cognitive behavioural therapy (CCBT) – for people with mild to moderate anxiety and depression
- Respite breaks for carers
- Healthy Living service for those with learning disabilities
- Our independent dementia hospital - Monet Lodge – offering a high quality, exclusive environment and a standard of support that allows people to live well and as independently as possible
- Personal economic support – managing money and benefits
- Employment – training and support programmes designed specifically to help people gain access to the appropriate types of employment and challenges
- Family intervention services
- Supported housing, care home and residential accommodation