People across the UK are being encouraged to take part in the Clap for Our Carers campaign and show appreciation for all those working on the frontline in health and social care. The media is quite rightly highlighting the vital role of the NHS, but there is very little mention of the equally vital role of social care.
Social care covers the personal care and practical support many people as a result of age or physical disability, a learning disability or mental illness require with their day-to-day living activities. Those very people we are working tirelessly to protect and support.
During these unprecedented times, let us join together to show our appreciation for the entire health and social care workforce and express our thanks and recognition for the valuable work they do to protect and keep the most vulnerable safe.
Careworkers as keyworkers are an essential frontline staff, together with the NHS working to protect and save lives of the most vulnerable in our country.
Please change the narrative and include social care staff in this important campaign.
Note to Editors:
- The Care Provider Alliance (CPA) brings together the 10 main national associations which represent independent and voluntary adult social care providers in England. We work to represent the sector and ensure a coordinated response to the major issues that affect it.
- The Care Provider Alliance is an informal body with a rotating chair. Membership is of the representative associations with a national membership across the whole of England. However, some CPA members also represent services in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- Together our members provide care and support to 1.2 million people through residential, home-based and community services, whether commissioned by local authorities and the NHS or privately purchased. Together our members employ over 620,000 care workers.
- Our members’ services include residential and nursing care, homecare, supported living and extra care housing, shared lives schemes, advocacy and telephone helplines. They support children, adults of working age and older people.
- For more information on the Care Provider Alliance visit https://www.careprovideralliance.org.uk/
- Hon. Paul Burstow is available as a spokesperson.
- Media contact: Edna Petzen, firstname.lastname@example.org 07397 158596