Mental Health Sustainability Programme
The Association is proud to deliver the Mental Health Sustainability Programme, which was founded by a coalition of the UK's leading mental health charities and social enterprises in May 2020 to help VCSE mental health service providers sustain their services during and after the pandemic.
The Programme has been supported by Goldman Sachs, with a generous donation of over £400,000 through its COVID-19 Relief Fund, and Linklaters with funding and dedicated personnel, as well as other launch partners including BUPA, Deloitte, PWC, and Salesforce, all of whom have offered their services for volunteering. The Programme is now supported by many more partners across various industries to cater to the wide ranging needs of VCSE providers of mental health and wellbeing services.
The Programme particularly seeks to support communities who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic due to existing health inequalities, such as minoritised communities, LGBT+, children and young people, older people, new mothers, and those in contact with the criminal justice system.
Since inception, the Programme has grown organically into a multi-faceted offering, tailored to the fluctuating needs of providers in an ever-changing landscape. Currently, the Programme offers:
- support through volunteering by its private sector partners, whose employees offer their skills and knowledge to providers in a multitude of business areas;
- funding through dedicated rounds of small grants to support the sustainability of grassroots providers;
- access to useful resources through the learning portal, comprising a collection of both publicly available resources and resources donated by private sector partners;
- ad-hoc sounding board sessions for providers to gain access to professional expertise in an ‘advice surgery’ style meeting;
- a monthly peer forum for Programme members to support each other through their current projects and pressure-points;
- a monthly webinar series for Programme members on topics which cover frequently asked questions; and
- our Sustainability Toolkit sessions which act like an induction programme aimed at equipping providers with learning to build greater sustainability and longevity into their organisation.
Please read more about how we are administering the Programme through the links below, or by reading our Mental Health Sustainability Programme FAQs.
You can follow us on Twitter to find out more on when we will be accepting applications.
MHSP - Sustainability Toolkit
The new headline offer from the Mental Health Sustainability Programme will be our Sustainability Toolkit – an offering of six sessions from Programme partners and external facilitators to increase the sustainability of small-medium sized enterprises and the knowledge and responsiveness of their leaders.Read more
Mental Health Sustainability Fund
The Mental Health Sustainability Fund’s second/2021 round is now closed. We awarded to 29 providers whom you can read about here.Read more
MHSF - Helplines Fund with Bupa Foundation
The Mental Health Sustainability Fund’s Helplines Fund with Bupa Foundation is now closed. We awarded to 12 providers whom you can read about here.Read more