In partnership with National Suicide Prevention Alliance, PHE have launched a series of case studies, films, factsheets and infographics to mark one year on from the publication of the suicide prevention planning guidance. The new resources have been developed to support local suicide prevention activity and include:
- Case studies including work by Leeds City Council and the Fire and Rescue service to reduce social isolation, joined up working by health and justice in the West Midlands, a Citizens Advice project addressing the wider determinants of health.
- PHE South East and Thames Valley Police’s real-time suicide surveillance resource pack
- Information sheets on working with coroners, evaluating suicide prevention activity, and socioeconomic deprivation and suicidal behaviour
- A series of films: one with Steven Gilbert, a survivor of suicide, discussing how local areas can genuinely engage people with lived experience of mental health issues; and one with Lorna Fraser, Media Advisor at Samaritans, discussing the portrayal of suicide in the media and online
- A set of slides based on the original local suicide prevention planning guidance, which you can use to make the case for suicide prevention and good practice within it
- A range of key stats and facts as infographics
You can find all the resources on NSPA’s website here.